Statement of Faith
Calvary Christian School and Calvary Baptist Church Statement of Faith
1. THE BIBLE: the Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore wholly without error as originally given of God. (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:21)
2. THE ONE TRUE GOD: existing eternally as three Persons – The Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit. (Luke 3:22; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14)
3. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: his preexistence and deity (John 1:1-3). Incarnate by virgin birth (John 1:14; Matt. 1:18-23) sinless life (Heb 4;15) substitutionary death (II Cor. 5:21) bodily resurrection (Luke 24:36-43), Ascension into heaven and present ministry (Heb 4:14-16), and coming again (Acts 1:11)
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: His personality (John 16:7-15), and deity (Acts 5:3-4), and His work in each believer; Baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration (I Cor. 12:13; Rom. 8:9), and filling (Eph. 5:18) to empower for Christian life and service (Eph. 3:16; Acts 1:8: Gal. 5:22-23)
5. MAN: his direct creation in the image of God (Gen. 1:26-28): his subsequent fall into sin resulting
Spiritual death (Gen. 3:1-24); (Rom. 5:12); and the necessity of the new birth for his salvation
6. SALVATION: a complete and eternal salvation by God’s grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work (Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-6; I Peter 1:18-19)
7. THE CHURCH: one true Church, the body and bride of Christ (Eph.1:22-23; 5:25-32), composed of all true believers of the present age (I Cor. 12:12-13), and the organization of its members in local churches for worship, for edification of believers, and for worldwide gospel witness, each local church being autonomous but cooperating in fellowship and work (Eph. 4:11-16).
8. CHRISTIAN LIFE: a life of righteousness, good work, and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world ( Rom. 12:1-2), manifested by speaking the truth (James 5:12), maintaining the sanctity of the home (Eph. 5:22-22-6:4), settling differences between Christians in accordance with the Word of God (I Cor. 6:1-8), exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23), and maintaining a life of prayer (Eph. 6:18; Phil. 4:6)
9. ORDINANCES: the Christian should observe the ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ, which are (1) baptism of believers by immersion (Matt. 3:16) and (2) the communion service (John13:1-17); I Cor. 11:20-34; Jude 12).
10. SATAN: his existence and personality as the great adversary of God and His people (Rev. 12:1-10), his judgement (John 12:31), and final doom (Rev. 20:10).
11. SECOND COMING: the personal, visible, and imminent return of Christ to remove His Church from the earth (I Thess. 4:16-17) before the tribulation (I Thess. 1:10; Rev. 3:10), and afterward to descend with the Church to establish His millennial kingdom upon the earth (Rev. 19:11-20:6).
12. FUTURE LIFE: the conscious existence of the dead (Phil 1:21-23); Luke 16: 19-31), the resurrection of the body (John 5:26-29), the judgement and reward of believers (Rom 14:10-12; II Cor. 5:10) the judgement and condemnation of unbelievers (Rev. 20:11-15), the eternal life of the saved (John 3;116) and the eternal punishment of the lost (Matt. 25:46; Rev. 20:15)