A child’s elementary years are where dreams, gifts, and interests begin to blossom.
At Calvary, our staff provides attentive care in a small classroom setting with an academically and spiritually enriching curriculum that will help draw out the best in your child. Students will be nurtured in the Word of God and encouraged in their walk with Christ, both in the classroom and through weekly chapel activities. Our K5-3rd grade program meets each day from 8:30-3:00
Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Our Bible program is a powerful tool for making disciples and cultivating spiritual growth. The Lord’s Word is living and active, and the most excellent tool for bridging the gap between the student and God.
Our ELA curriculum prepares all students to:
- Gain knowledge, understanding and wisdom through reading.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Articulate and defend truth and combat falsehood.
- Discern the intrinsic value and biblical truth of oral and written communication.
CCS educators biblically integrate English Language Arts instruction, teaching students to apply a biblical worldview to all situations.
Our mathematics curriculum prepares all students to:
- Defend their faith. Math provides a process for determining the reasonableness of a solution, discerning truth from non-truth, constructing viable arguments and critiquing reasoning.
- Think critically and persevere in problem solving. Math requires that students acquire critical thinking skills in order to creatively and logically solve problems, as well as reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Acquire a love for and understanding of rightness, structure and exactitude. These are aspects of our Creator and are reflected in the beauty and precision of His Creation.
- Gain understanding of order and priority. Math reinforces the understanding that problem solving is dependent upon a foundational understanding of order and priority.
- Understand that Math is created by God, thus deriving purpose, meaning and value from God. The study of mathematics also offers a greater understanding of God’s creation and the knowledge of how to be better stewards of it.
Our science curriculum prepares students to:
- Develop problem-solving, decision-making and inquiry skills, reflected by formulating usable questions and hypotheses, planning experiments, conducting systematic observations, interpreting and analyzing data and drawing conclusions and communicating results.
- Use scientific practices to observe and evaluate Creation through form and function, to stand in awe of God and to relate to fellow man.
- Discern and communicate worldviews compared to Biblical truth and engage in apologetic discussion based on Biblical scientific evidence.
- Analyze and interpret the order and design present in Creation in their lives and attribute it to God.
- Recognize the limits of science and the role of science in a Biblical worldview.
- Develop and utilize scientific tools, including mathematics, models and technology, for the Glory of God.
- Recognize that their body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and identify ways to honor God with their body.
Our social studies curriculum prepares students to:
- Read critically.
- See the “big picture”: Understand the interrelationships between events and ideas across time.
- Write coherently (also logically or by using reason).
- Evaluate sources.
- Identify point of view or bias.
- Determine cause and effect.
- Evaluate current events from a historical and biblical context.
CCS educators biblically integrate social studies instruction, teaching students to apply a biblical worldview to all situations.
Calvary students enrich their academic learning through art, physical education, music, technology, and chapel times throughout each week.